Tuesday, October 23, 2018

seeking creative 4 and 5 year olds



My students are growing up!  I have felt so grateful to be able to work consistently with these students for over four years and I will continue to work with them for as long as they feel engaged and challenged.  And the time has also come to seek younger students in order to create the classroom balance that I believe makes my curriculum thrive.







My curriculum is less about teaching an art making technique (although this is interwoven throughout) and more about fostering personal and creative expression.

Having a strong history as a Montessori classroom teacher and still believing passionately in this method, most of my classes incorporate reading, writing, math and geography lessons.  An opportunity to reference music or learn a new song isn't that unusual either.  The creative work cycles (a minimum of three hours) offer time for observation, experimentation and problem solving.



With art making taking such a front and center role in my life (I am a professional artist as well), some may be surprised to learn that I could fill all of my remaining time with my love for books!  Many of my classes and curriculum are based on what I consider to be invaluable children's books.

Two Old Potatoes and Me by John Coy

FOR MORE INFORMATION or TO REGISTER 
please contact Kari at:  createeverydayclassroom@gmail.com

For October 2018 classes visit THIS LINK

view a wide variety of photos via the classroom's instagram account
@thecreateeverydayclassroom

or view posts on our facebook page


No comments:

Post a Comment